One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Friday, December 14, 2012

Remember IVY?


She was the little momma that I took to the Humane society with her babies once they grew up.  Well, after a months she was still not adopted and was apparantly in the isolation ward.  They said she was sick, her eye was pussy.  I pulled her out of there and examined it.  It looked like she got poked in the eye.  The Vet said she may have Herpes. After a few weeks it has cleared up and she is happy.  She gained weight right away.  I want to stress something to people.  She was terribly unhappy in that kennel, she was scared and lost her appetite.  She was traumatized in that place and I regret taking her there.  Fostering is the only way to go.  You can see the kitty flourish and they are happy.  You can never know what kind of cat you are getting when you pull from the shelter.  It is so sad there.  The cage is 2feet by 2feet! :( makes me want to cry!  She is happy, healthy and loved now.  I have grown attached to her and would prefer to keep her if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment