One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Monday, April 25, 2011

Finally..an update!

I have been pretty bad about posting on my blogs lately. So, here I am trying to make up for lost time. This big fella is another stray cat I rescued this winter. Most of the winter he'd come and hang out on the porch for food. He would not approach me for 3 months. My way of taming them? YUMMY FOOD! I would buy his favorite chicken dish and feed it to him two to three times a day. He finally trusted me enough to let me pet him and soon there after, I brought him inside. I keep the newbies in my sunroom for a while before I introduce them to the others. He is a big kitty and was kind of difficult to bring in. But once inside I found he had scabs all over his head and his coat was disgusting and smelled. So, believe it or not, I gave him a bath. Yep the very day I brought him in. I have done this for all three kitties I rescued this year. At first they all seemed feral, but after months of getting their trust, they all are sweet as can be!!! This fella turned out to be a cuddle bug and extremely affectionate.

I have two more kitties still outside. They come eat at night. I will have to trap them. I have no more room in the house. My husband is getting a bit frustrated, but I cannot take these newly rescued kitties to a shelter. They might not have a good chance there. No kill or not. Ohio is not very friendly to their pets. I have found. I just neutered my neighbors cat. I did tell him I'd do it. He was okay with it..I mean who wouldn't be happy about free vet care, right? It irritates me in a way because I could be using that money for a feral cat! uggh. But I cannot let a cat roam around knowing he can impregnate another cat! GRRR!

Anyway, I am trying to find some help with TNR in my area. There are lots of people who need help here!

2 comments:

  1. Bless you for all you to do help the kitties! This boy is so handsome - love his markings! I'm currently feeding a feral on my front porch and trying to gain his trust - very difficult to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes time. But worth it. This one is nor interested in the outdoors anymore and snuggles on the couch with my husband all the time. Never underestimate a cat. Ones you think are feral aren't really.

    ReplyDelete