One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Thursday, January 20, 2011

~Update on Stray~

Well, the same day I posted about this kitty..it was like a miracle. I took food out to the garage. Opened the can right there...and he meowed and jumped out of his bed and ran to me. Rubbed all over me. Funny how 3 months of skittishness and he turned out to be as sweet as an be. My husband was amazed because he definitely thought he was feral. This picture was after a bath. Yep, the 2nd day he was in the house, I had to subject him to a real soaking in the tub with shampoo. And he did marvelously. I am sure he hated it but he did not get pissed, he just was scared. He is such a sweet kitty. No one has claimed him yet and I have more than 4 people on Craigslist interested. It is such a shame though that not as many people are interested in other breeds, because I have so many more needing homes. Oh well. At least this little guy will have a forever home soon.

2 comments:

  1. This sweet little kitty was lucky to find his way to your house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, just in time too. He was super skinny and did not hold down his food when he first came here. I always feed them kitten food outside in the winter. Now he is inside (NO MORE COLD, NO MORE HUNGER, OR FIGHTING FOR TERRITORY.) nice!

    ReplyDelete