One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Update on Homeless kitties

(photo from past kitten rescue file) :)

Hi all. It's been a while. Today I put together two of those feral cat houses. I have been leaving my garage open a smidgen for three feral cats that come around at night to eat. This morning I was rooting around in the back and scared a Siamese cat that was still hiding in a corner. He/she looks real thin, poor thing and I found some puke. So, he/she must have been gone without food for a while. Anyway, I decided to get those cat houses put together and put hay mixed with cat nip in side each one and stuck them in my garage. I have a small room extended off my two car garage that is used for the mower and is away from the cars, so I stuck them both back there. They will be far away from both wind and snow and have an insulated hiding spot as well. Hopefully, the three of them will share. I also put food and water on the table back there, because I have had other critters eating all their food. This way, the only critters that can get in are skunks and possums, but they can't climb up a table. So, hopefully all will be well. I know I am probably rambling on. I just wanted to update. I have not planned any trappings. I still have to figure out how that will work. Who knows if these kitties used to belong to someone. We will see.

2 comments:

  1. Hope it all works for you.I'm going to take some littler and dog food to the shelter to help out.We don't have many feral cats but people drop them and puppies at my grandmas farm all the time,so we constantly have to find homes or call the shelter.Sad but she can't take care of them all she already has 4 cats and 2 dogs.Can't wait for the drawing,I assume paypal work out for you then? Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. Paypal won't let me do raffles or donations anymore. But, they did not refund those who donated this last time, so I will be able to finish the raffle. Next time I will just offer goods instead and hope that it works out.

    ReplyDelete