One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Monday, October 18, 2010

Gorgeous Stray (one more added to my never ending drama)

Here is the lastest stray. I think he belongs to someone, but he has claimed my house. He is not neutered, so I am going to get him snipped this week. Yes, I will neuter a neighbors cat...lol I bought the feral house for him since it is getting cold out. He has taken residency on my front porch where I put out a nice cozy bed on my patio furniture. The feral house with straw will be when it gets blustery out. It is a shame that people let their pets roam around because now that he is getting fed he will probably hang here "hoping" that he can come inside. He has attempted to come in and I think he would be comfortable here, but my other kitties are already sharing their home with a foster..one more and I will surely just call my house a cat sanctuary already!

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I'm feeding one on the front porch, and have seen at least 3 others that I don't think live in the neighborhood. Of course, they will be outside all winter which drives me crazy! I have a winter "hotel" set up on my wood pile which has a roof and protection from the weather. The stray on the porch spends the night in the garage. The strays never seem to end . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. Do you put straw in their shelter. It is supposed to help with the cold. Are your strays fixed. If not there are programs for ferals that are pretty inexpensive and they will do so much better not having to fight and breed. God bless you for taking care as much as you are, most people do not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, he is a handsome fellow! Poor guy. It's horrible and sad that people just let their cats roam around outside. Thank you for caring so much and for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete