One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Friday, July 23, 2010

Mosie Woes


Remember Moses? He was on deaths door this last fall. He is still a feral, but is living a pretty good life indoors. He is used to me and will hang out and watch me on occasion but he runs away when I get up for any reason...lol He is very pretty. These images are from my cell phone, so they are terrible. I just wanted to share his update. He is healthy and I suppose as happy as a wild cat in captivity can be...lol He will hid under my bed all day, especially if someone is at the house. He only comes out when I am alone. He is a bit odd as he likes to watch me from the hallway. He watches me sit on the toilet and watch tv...the toilet things is odd...but whatever right? I still wish I would have released him back to the alley last year, but ya know their life expectancy is so slim. Already one of the black kitties has died. She stopped coming by this last winter. Of course I don't live in Denver right now, so my dear friend Joan was left to the job of care taker. I sure hope those kitties are doing okay. I worry about them. Living in Ohio is like living in hell for me. I see dead animals on the roads everywhere. Even kitties. I saw two kittens on the side of the road right off of an exit to the mall. God only knows what happened there, but I had to say I prayer so I would not just bust out in tears....I hate it!!! Little baby kittens??? The horror of how they live here. I tell ya people everywhere are careless humans. The few I experience that rescue are angels and I blessed to know them, but they are far and few between in comparison to the crappy abusers and neglectful out there....dang I just vented up a storm...sorry. I just don't get it. I never will!!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't get it either Jenny, how could humans be so cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen! The good news is Larry and Mary come out every morning to get fed. Moe is doing well as is BBK. They live with Rusty. I have seen Mama cat. She lives up the street with Patches. Someone is feeding them. I have adopted the Felix cat. We named him Bond. James Bond, 007. Shaken not stirred. Lbk Let's me pet him and Faux, James, & LBK all are buddies. THe work you did here was meaningful and lives on. Love, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get a notice when these posts come through, so I am late in responding to this. That is such great news Joan! I am happy that someone is helping with mama kitty and that you have adopted james. That is great that LBK lets you pet him. :) I have a male (not nuetered) hanging around. I just ordered two feral houses because I think I will start seeing strays coming around now that the weather is colder.

    ReplyDelete