One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Friday, November 27, 2009

Poor Moses



Moses was living in a dirty basement, hiding under cupboards. We had thought he escaped thru a door we left open for him. When I rescued him he was too old to be tamed and he escaped from his cage, so I could not control him. We decided to let him live in Joan's basement. She has a feral colony that lives under her house. So, at least he would have shelter. He never escaped and Joan stopped putting food and water in his location because we thought he took off. Today, I was over there scanning in homework and I hear a cry. I called Joan and she captured him and we moved him back home. In my office. He immediately start drinking the water when he say CC and Dana. He remembers them, so now I am keeping him beside me for months, if I have to. He has lived a horrible life the last couple months. I am so sad for that, but he will be taken care of here. This now makes 10 cats. I am glad I have a big house, but this is gotta stop. I have the kittens for so long they are like a family. I don't think anyone could give them a better home. That is sad. Really. Pray for my Moses here. He is so dehydrated and emaciated and his eye is all crusted over. I hope he is happy now and learns to accept me. This place is paradise from where he was, so maybe he will finally get it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I hope he feels better..you might need to get him to the vets so they can give him some fluids to get him hydrated...poor little thing..glad you have him again..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenny, bless your heart! That poor, poor creature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH me, poor little guy. I feel so awful for him, but thank goodness he is in your loving and compassionate hands now. Shoowee, I think he will be so glad to be safe and warm and fed.
    I know you are stressed about having 10 cats. People always seem shocked when i say that we have 6, but it is amazing we don't have 60!!!
    Those 10 are super lucky to be with you.

    ReplyDelete