One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's in the numbers

Sometimes I think of how little I am doing for these kitties. I know, you think I am doing a lot. But, I feel I could do a lot more. So, I wanted to mathematically figure out how many lives are being saved (meaning not being born in the wild) because of spaying and neutering. So, just based on 3 females (which I have rescued twice that number) expidentially over 10 years they would have have over 1 million offspring! Oh My! That is a lot of poor kitties left to a horrible fate on the street and getting killed.

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to do that same calculation! I always feel like i am not doing enough and that there are a gazillion left to spay/neuter! We just have to focus on what we HAVE done and try to be happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a HUGE number!! Don't ever think that you are not doing much, becasue you are.

    You have to think of the long run. Yes, I am sure you would love to have each of them be tamed and find a loving home for each one...but we know that is just not in the cards. They are too wild.

    You are doing a good thing Jenny.

    Hugs,
    ~Tonya

    ReplyDelete