One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Feral kittens (almost) no more

Since I let the kittens have the laundry room last night. They did not cry at 4am. Yippee. I spent quite a bit of time with them today. I had two loads of laundry to do, so I wanted to make sure they were okay. A new experience with the machines going. They got lots of picking up, petting and even kisses. I want them to be okay with a big human head up to theirs. So, I do this a lot. The sick kitty is feeling better and has been pretty scared when I pick her up. But, tonight I laid next to her and was rubbing her for a good twenty minutes, getting her belly. She loved that. Finally I placed my head next to hers and she was fine. She is coming along well. It is so weird how from one day to the next, with as much time as I work with them, they change so much. Honestly, I don't think anyone could give them as much love as they get from me. They are totally digging it. Every time I come in, every one of them has to get a rub down. Ahhhh and they just stretch out now and start purring...so funny. I really thought it would take weeks! I should get paid for this kind of thing. A feral kitten training camp!!! heehee. (sorry, it is late and I have no new picks.)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny, I'm so proud of you. How wonderful. I wish I lived close so I could see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear your babys are doing so well..>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!!! I am glad it is happening so fast....amazing! It's so funny when they decide....hmmmmm, i am liking this whole indoor thing and humans are pretty nice :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! I knew this would happen--nothing can resist some "lovins". I bet they are getting a little spoiled-hee hee I am going to send you a little surprise in the mail to celebrate all your patient work with the kitties~ You inspire me~watch for your surprise, I will mail it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete