One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Friday, July 24, 2009

Real Progress

Late last night, I decided I wanted to feed them, so they might sleep in a little. When I was in there, I took the opportunity to try petting and lifting. They did okay. I woke up at 5 am instead of 4 am, so a little better. OMG, they were so anxious to get out that they were letting me pick them up. The sick one, not so much, she is a bit older and still is not keen on me moving her too much. But, that gray one was just so into it. I even walked him around the house. She (i think) did fine. So, this morning. I cleaned up their kennel, shoved stacks of towels around the washer and dryer, so they could not sneak behind it and set up a play area for them. They are happier, roaming around. I still get hisses when I walk up to them. They like it better when I am on their level. I try every chance I get to touch them and pick them up. I think that a few weeks from now, they will be almost as sweet as the last rescue kitties. Though, I know their new parents may have to earn their trust for a while. I have not found parents for them, yet. I am sure it won't take too long.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah for progress!!!! There is always hope. I love reading about what is happening with those sweeties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They must think they died and went to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so HAPPY for you Jenny! You seem so very patient with them. You sure do have a kind heart! I am sure they will come around, but yes the new owners will have to gain their trust, but they are so darn cute!

    Hugs,
    ~Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Jenny I knew all along you would turn their untrust to trust. They are adorable and I know you will win them over and have them snuggling up to you and everyone in no time.
    Hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute to watch them playing..you are making progress..keep up the good work..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, that is real progress. You are so patient with them. I bet they love you already, they are just still a little shaken up.

    ReplyDelete