One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Monday, July 27, 2009

One Wild Ride

OMG. What a nightmare. So, it rained the first try, then we went back out and finally caught us that feral kitten. I tried getting her into the kennel from the trap and well, she just flew out. This was in the laundry room, mind you, with the other kittens I rescued. The sibling (that I have been working on went nuts too; and they both climbed the dryer vent to get ontop of the cabinets. I tried getting one down and got bit. I thought, there goes my hard work. But, after the feral found himself a hiding spot in a plant I have up there. Everyone else calmed down. I spent some time with them and left talk radio and a little light on. I am glad I did try putting her in the kennel in the laundry room, though, because if this happened in the garage, that would be that. No more kitty and I doubt I would be able to trap him again. He looks big, too. God help me!

I am almost tempted to sleep in there, tonight. LOL on that hard floor, not a pretty picture. I may end up waking up to a feral kitten attack!

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh what a time! It might not like you now but will be happier in the long run. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! It will probably take a little longer for the older one to tame, but I think he will calm down eventually. You are so patient. P.S. I mailed your surprise to you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cris, What a nice thing. I cannot wait for my surprise. Thanks so much for always thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete