One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Just an update


Doesn't she look better, already? It has been pretty easy so far to get this little one to take my eye drops. She is sick enough she still lets me pull her (ever so slightly) out of the kenel. I even put some of CC's antibiotic in a syringe and got it in her mouth. The vet did not prescribe a antibiotic, but I thought It won't hurt anything. I also added 10cc of water to her mouth, just in case she was not getting enough water. I was surprised she let me do that. Then she sat in my lap for a long time while I pet her. It is not the most comfortable for me, so i could only do it for about a half hour, but I did it twice today. I think if I let her she would sit in my lap for a long time. Funny, though, as soon as I start to put her back she realizes what's up and hisses at me. LOL Fickle little thing. That is why I can only set her in my lap on the floor near the kennel. Moving her anywhere would not work. At least I get to give some love.

The others are showing no signs of trust yet. They still love to see the other cats and end up crying at 4 am in the morning. That is always fun! NOT

5 comments:

  1. Oh I was so glad to see her eye looking so much better. Bless your heart. And how wonderful she actually sat on your lap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are so precious..just keep up what you are doing...they will hopefully come around..you are a good mama..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well see progress already. doesn't surprise me at all Jenny. You keep at it honey bun, you will have them loving you and folks in no time. Time is all you need.
    Pea~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenny, they are so precious and looking so much better. The silvery gray one is so beautiful and reminds me of when my childhood Siamese cat had kittens. She had 2 solid black boys and 3 silvery gray girls just like that. You are such a Godsend to those kitties. I only hope that you don't get yourself too stressed out over it--I worry about you! Be good to yourself and remember that you are doing all you can and MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing how much better she looks with meds and some love! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete