One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Saturday, July 18, 2009

I Trapped Two Kittens!!

Upon walking the dog, this evening, I decided to walk down to where I feed my feral colony. I ran into 3 of mama kitties litter. They look like 8 weeks old. So, we set two traps and were able to snag two. They are feisty and wild and tore the crap out of my arm. I was wearing gloves, but I could not get a hold of their necks properly. It is not so bad, the adrenaline was going so it just now is starting to sting. Anyway, I was able to get them into the big dog kennel in the garage. I am hoping to use them as bate to get mama, but I want to get her other kitten first. It is 80 degrees out in the garage. So once I get them all, I will bring them in the house. It will be a chore to get them tame. They were crawling all of the kennel, poor things are probably frightened to death without mom. If you have any suggestions or words of wisdom to help me with taming them, please let me know. Otherwise just keep them in your prayers.

Doesn't the siemese look just like the last one I rescued? Looks like I have to hunt down their papa! Grrr.

4 comments:

  1. Poor little dears. I will say up some prayers for ya Jenny. Poor thing. Make sure you have all your shots!
    Pea

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful! Sounds like quite a trapping adventure. I hope they will come around quicker than you think! I know you will be totally relieved and thrilled if you get the mom!!! Good luck with that. Let me know if you need tips on taming the kittens.
    Purrs, C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't understand why someone would allow their Siamese to run free like that. The grey one looks just like the babies my Siamese had when she got out. They are so precious. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies. I live in the hood, so unfortunatley people let their animals roam free and usually cannot afford to even own one, let alone get them fixed. I think this siemese "papa" is a cat someone left behind or a product of a litter that was feral from someones tame cat. It drives me nuts that their running around nocking kitties up!!

    ReplyDelete