One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dr. Doolittle - Cat Wisperer


I took this little "female" Siamese to the vet this afternoon. What a mess. She did not like being handled by the vet, so she flew off the table and the vet said I will not be able to help her. She said that I would not be able to administer the eye drops that she needed. I said, sure I will, just give them to me. I got her back into the carrier by cornering her, so she had to go in. Luckily, I used the cat career that has the top opening as well. While she sat in there, I dropped the fluid into each eye, with no major problems. When I got her home, I kept her into he carrier and looked at her neck. I was able to cut away most of the hard crusty skin that was dangling to find a little gash about a quarter of an inch. I whipped it with some water and a q-tip. I hope it will be okay. The vet did not give me anything for her sneezing, but said it should run its coarse (or get worse) HUH? Oh for crying out load! So, this little one has been letting me touch her a little and I think it is because she is sick. But, I am wandering when she gets better will she remember that I was nice to her or will she revert to being a meanie?

Like this little one! Hissing and freaking out. I got bit by the other Siamese. My fault...they wanted out of the pen. I let them, but then realized..how the heck am I gonna get them back in there. That was a night mare. They were trying to climb the walls. I doubt they will get to come out of there for weeks now. I have a lot of work on them.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny it's so sweet and admirable what you are doing for these kitties. Your big heart really shows! I am so sorry to read that some people are so blind to see it. Just don't worry and keep being great!
    Hugs,
    Benedetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheering you on! I'm glad you can put drops in the little one's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how wonderful that you got the Siamese to the vet and were able to get the eye drops in. Surely there's a place in heaven for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny you are such an angel. I hope you are able to have a kitty parade to your new place and I hope you don't find a whole new group of kitties and mean people over there.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. I am releaved and the little siamese likes when I pet under her chin...that is a good sign. I was able to give her more eye drops, another good sign. She just needs to get rid of her runny sniffy nose and her cut to heal. I sure hope she will be healthy, soon. She may turn out to be a nice little one. A it skittish, but she is pretty mellow right now.

    Thanks to all you ladies for making me feel I am not alone in my love for the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, that poor little thing with the eye issues and sneezies!! Thank goodness you stuck to your guns and medicated her. That doctor doesn't sound very feral friendly :(. I know they try to be realistic, but there is always hope....when there's a will, there's a way. Have you googled tips on taming feral kittens? That always helped me when i needed some ideas and advice. Thank you for working so hard to give these babies the chance they deserve!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did Carrie. I watched a few really good videos. It will take patience...and lots of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the vet sure she does not have an upper resp. infection? I rescued an orange tabby off the street and he had a bad cold it took two rounds of antibiotics, he had tics, fleas, and worms. The vet said he would have died. Now he is a spoiled baby. Maybe the vet does not think you can get antibiotics into her. She is so cute.
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete