One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Denver's ABC 7 News

I received a letter today, I thought I would share:

Dear Jennifer,

You were nominated for our 7Everyday Hero Award and although you were not selected as a recipient, all of us at Denver's 7 have heard about your great work taking care of homeless animals in our community.

Your contribution is very admirable and your enthusiasm and dedication are second to none. We applaud your efforts to reach out and improve the lives of your fellow Coloradans. It is people like you who really make a difference.

It was a nice surprise and totally unexpected. I do not feel like a hero, but I do what I can.

7 comments:

  1. That is SO awesome, Jenny!!!! I am thrilled that they recognized you. Woohoo for you! You ARE a hero for those who can't speak for themselves.
    Many cheers and purrs,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making a difference and should be very proud!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Jennifer, what a nice letter to get..and to those kittys you are their heros..you are making sure they have food, love and a good healthy life which is better then what most folks even give their so called pets..I love you for taking such great care of these helpless babys..so you are my hero...and thats the truth!! (insert rasberry)...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the recognition! You really really really really deserve it! You are quite a hero to kitties and kitty lovers everywhere!

    Those pics of the kittens are so adorable! I wish I could hold that little lavender point Siamese right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, it was time you were recognized. I'm so happy for you. It's the beginning of really good things for your babies.

    There's an award for you at my site, if you have time to pick it up, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I left an award for you on my blog on Monday. I guess you missed it... Did you ever receive that little painting I sent?

    Fran

    ReplyDelete