One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Removing a Fox


A red fox has been frequenting our block more than a few times a night. He/she would normally eat some of my cat food, but now it is after the cats! Joan lives across the street. She takes care of a cat colony as well and we keep seeing this guy chasing the local cats. We live IN the city and believe this guy has been living on an empty lot (which is now being developed)

I have a call into a wild animal control company. It may cost more than $500 to remove this guy. Plus, Joan said she saw a smaller brown version last week in a physical fight with a cat. So, I could be dealing with a couple, plus they may have a den with litter! UGGGH! I do not have a $1,000 to protect these cats, but I really feel I need to do something. If you have any suggestions, let me know!!

image provided by http://wildlife.state.co.us/

1 comment:

  1. This doesnt sound good.Plus I would be scared the whole bunch kitties and fox would have rabies Jenny.You never know but you could almost put a bet on it.I wish you the best with this.Its touchy thing.me, if a fox were around I wouldnt know what to do.Except maybe call the Dog Catcher.Where I live its probably what they would do.He ussualy takes care of things like this.Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete