One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

GOOD NEWS ON TRAPPING

I captured the "elusive one", this morning. I think she may be pregnant with her first litter, but the vet will abort if she is early enough on. Now, I am not advocating aborting, by any means. It is a tough decision, but this little feral kitty is way too wild to keep in a kennel for more than 2 months while she gestates and has her babies.

Momma kitty on the other hand, may be far too along to spay. So, I may be stuck with her and her babies. Momma is not so afraid of me, but I just hope I can capture her in time. She will be the only one left of her colony. Though, there are so many other colonies, just blocks away from this one. So, I will be walking the neighbor hood and leaving my information with people to look out for me for strays.

(I will add an image of the Elusive One this afternoon, when she comes back from the vet!)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work!!!! The spay and abort thing is a difficult one, but i have made peace with it since it ultimately alleviates a lot of potential suffering and helps pet overpopulation as a whole. I always try to look at the "big picture" when dealing with feral cats.
    Anyway, i am thrilled to hear that you got another female!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job - you have the magic touch!

    ReplyDelete