One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bad news X2

There was no way I was getting a better picture. This female was the wildest of the bunch. I had to release her right away, after picking her up at the vet...She is NURSING! Dang it. So, I have no idea if her litter was OK the 8 hours she was gone. I have mixed feeling about that. Not that I want her litter to die, but OMG that means it starts all over. I doubt this momma will bring her 5 week old litter over to where I feed them all. I feel like "one step forward, three steps back!" I did not cry, though. Normally, I would!! I was thinking that the gray and white kitty may still have her milk...does a colony share litter duties? Would she feed her granddaughter's litter, while she was gone? lol I know, wishful thinking.

The other bad news is the vet said she had fluid in her stomach and she may have a viral infection. If she does, she will deteriorate pretty rapidly, the next couple weeks. It is a "maybe", though. The vet said she could (and hopes) to be wrong! Let's pray she is wrong!

3 comments:

  1. Poor kitties.Poor You as well.LOL@grandaughters, hahah Ive never thought of that before.Oh well lets keep our fingers crossed she gets well, and toes too,for you and them both.Best of Luck!If that was the situation where I live the dog catcher would of gotten them all picked up by now.Im just amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you tried, and you can try again with her. Hopefully she doesn't have an infection. Did you know where her kittens were to be able to get her back to them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jenny, i am sorry about all of this. You are doing the best you can which is more than most people would do!!! Hang in there and try not to worry too much...i know that is easier said than done.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete