One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Reality Check

This photo was taken months ago, when I just started feeding these feral cats. Well, unfortunately, I count 3 kittens here and now there are only two (which I have neutered) left. The reality is the third probably got killed by a Tom or a fox. It has been a while since I have seen the three, so it happened when he/she was still pretty small. My heart breaks when I think about it and I am very thankful for being able to get the other two.

Now, I have these two females to get....They are very hard to capture, since they do not come out when I am around, so I am a bit worried that they will give birth to more litters and then I will be dealing with even more! I have a plan for the black one, who comes to my house, so next week is set for her, but that grey one is gonna be very difficult! I believe these two are a mother daughter. If that is true then there must have been more litter that died. Only one ends up surviving out of at least 3 or 4. Which is usually the females who breed within 4 months. Isn't that sad? That is why it is very important to get them spayed!

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could help ya catch them. I am a good kitty catcher. I do hope you manage to catch them. I will pray for ya as I think what you are doing is wonderful.
    Blessings,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I always found that amazing how early they can start to breed garsh!I love the black ones you got neutered,lol.They are adorable.Best of luck in the upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the best getting those kitty ladies!! I will be out TNRing this week too. I am hoping to get five cats taken care of. I just can't bear to see kittens out on the street this spring either. Try not to think about the bad stuff that could have happened to the little ones. It will drive you crazy (as i know from experience!). My thoughts are always with you...wish we could team up.
    Oh my gosh...i just looked to my left and saw my kitty juggler!!! Ah!!! You are sooooo sweet. Seriously, i just noticed that. Thank you so much for the feature...i am honored!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pea~

    Thanks for your prayers and your kind words. It would be wonderful to have someone to help me. I could probably do so much more.

    Becky~

    Thanks Becky for always coming to leave a comment. You should have seen the little one I just fixed this morning...he was so curious he almost came up to the food bowl as I put it down. He was so cute I wish her was not feral!!

    Snippetgirl~

    Wow, you are one to look up to. My measly work here is nothing compared to yours. We would be a great team...I could probably learn a lot from you, to! Best wishes getting your kitties!

    Hugs to you all, ladies~

    ReplyDelete