One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Friday, March 6, 2009

The Jenny Award

Fran Caldwell has amazed me beyond words, today by creating an award for my alley cat rescue.
Here is a brief blurb from her blog:

We need more Jennies. This is a small token for a modest woman with a huge heart. My little award is not fancy, but made with love. The art is by Tanya Bond, whom I featured on Wednesday and who has approved my use of it. I find it sweet that the name "Bond" so easily describes what Jenny tries to do with those little urchin cats each day.

She has written so many nice things about me and my attempts to help god's creatures and I am moved to tears with her amazing post, go to Fan Caldwell at Home to read more about her kindness.

There are a few people that I can think of that have rescued animals, so I would love to pass this incredible award to them, as well.


A Rescuers Thoughts
- This wonderful lady has been doing what I just started for years. She has been a lot of help and encourages me to continue on my journey of rescue!

The Old Oaken Bucket - I just recently read that she has ten cats (many that she picked up as strays) I would have that many and more if I lived on a farm, like her. Someday, a girl can dream!

Cat Nap Inn Primitive's
Gina - Gina has a big heart for kitties as you can see on her blog. But, most importantly she has a strong passion for helping them. When she lived in Italy, she fed their many strays and even brought one back to America with her. A girl after my own heart!

Crow Productions by Joan - Joan is my neighbor and offers her house up to any stray that she sees (that will come up to her, that is) She has a huge heart and helps feed the strays. Without her, my job would be much harder. Thanks so much, Joan!!

Sorry, I almost forgot:

Snippet Girl - An inspiration and a fellow kitty rescuer. I love her blog, it is filled with wonderful whimsical things and wonderful rescue stories! Thanks Carrie for all that you do.

I know I am missing a few wonderful ladies, from my list, so if you know of someone who dedicates their time and money to rescuing animals....please feel free to pass this on!

A BIG THANKS AGAIN TO FRAN CALDWELL FOR CREATING A WONDERFUL BLOG AWARD IN MY NAME ~ FOR ALL YOU ANIMAL LOVERS OUT THERE!

8 comments:

  1. That is so great, Jenny! It warms my heart to know that there are many special cat ladies out there and people who appreciate them :)! Cheers to you!
    Many purrs always,
    Carrie the SnipPet Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenny, I will gladly post this award on my blog...Just an FYI we rescued 3 italian kittys from Italy..would have taken more it they would have let us...Thank you again for thinking me worthy of this beautiful award...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jenny! This award is just adorable. I will add it to my site proudly and I will even show it to all my babies since they earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Jenny!What a kind thing for her to do.You deserve it,if i didnt have 2 cats and 2 dogs i would do it also.Oh plus a bigger house LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well deserved Jenny! I am proud of you and your work. Yes, we need more people that put their time, and heart into saving and not trashing our planet.
    Hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, Jenny! You are too sweet. I certainly appreciate your acknowledgement. You didn't need to do that at all, but it is so very nice. I am simply grateful that a few of us cat ladies have found each other and can provide support and encouragement when times are tough...and lonely and frustrating. Thank you for all of your kind comments on my blog. Stay in touch! I know we will both be busy with spaying/neutering this spring.
    Many purrs,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh what a SWEET SWEET award! You sure deserve it Jenny.

    I am glad that you are getting some type of acknowledgement for all of your compassion and generosity, to try to help the kitties in your area. Without you, I am sure they would suffer and starve.

    Way to go Jenny.

    Big Hugs,
    ~Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jenny,

    Don't forget to put your award permanently into your left sidebar, or it will be "lost" down your main page...

    ReplyDelete