One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Saturday, March 14, 2009

~Cool Cat Award~

Isn't this just the cutest little award? t is from Becky of Behind Blue Eyes. Becky is such a fun gal and I just love her blog. Thanks so much, it means a lot!

I would like to give it to A Rescuers Thoughts because she deserves some recognition for her work. Her blog is dedicated to the same cause and is filled with other kinds of rescuer resources.

One of the coolest things on her blog is:

The Rescuers Creed

I promise I will take your unwanted animals. I will heal their wounds, their diseases, their broken bones. I will give them the medical attention they need and deserve. I will nurture their starvation, and give them a warm place to sleep. I will spay and neuter them, vaccinate them against the diseases that can harm them. I will treat them and honor them. I will buy them toys, blankets, balls, and teach them to play. I will speak softly to them. I will try to teach them not to fear, not to cry, and not to hate. I will whisper sweet, kind, gentle words into their ears, while gently trying to stroke their fear, their pain, and their scars away. I will face their emotional scars and give them time to overcome them. I will socialize them, potty train them, teach them to be obedient, show them dignity, and hold their paws, and stroke their ears if they have endured too much and walk them over the Rainbow Bridge, BUT most of all I will teach them Love.

Sorry, I had to copy that from her site. It is awesome, isn't it?
Thanks so much hon for doing all that you do AND inspiring other to do the same!
WE LOVE YOU & THE KITTIES LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

  1. congrats on this newest award..that gal that you took the quote from are my thoughts exactly...I want all animals to know love...have a great weekend...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that. Very sweet. Humans and animals alike should unconditional love like that.
    Hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's a bit late, but thank you for this award, keep up the good work here!

    ReplyDelete