One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Surprise baby kitty is alive!

I wish I took my camera over this morning. I have been getting up a little later to feed the kitties in the alley. More like 820. I have not seen any poopers in days, but this morning I was surprised to see the little black cat I neutered with his brother/sister. They heard me and came out running. That makes me happy. Now I can try to capture him/her.

I ran into the neighbor that is allowing me to put food and trap in his part of the alley at the grocery store on Monday. He said he has not seen any kitties in the morning either, but has heard more cat fights (mating season, I told him) It has been extremely warm here lately.

He also told me 3 neighbors complained about what I was doing. I of course got a tiny bit irritated(again) and said they were idiots...blah blah. He gets it, so hopefully he won't heed to their complaints and tell me to stop.

I know I cannot feed them at the same spot after I fix them, so I need ideas on how to lead them to where the food will be. The young ones are used to the food in their alley...and I will have to feed them one block away. Any ideas? The story Hansel and Gretel comes to mind. Will they venture down another alley or around the corner to look for food if they are hungry enough? What to do, what to do.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, Jenny,

    I so admire what you're doing. The Hansel & Gretel thing might work, if you space the tiny morsels just a sniff away, but not so much as to fill them up.

    It really bugs me that you have these horrible neighbours. If only there was a way to make them see why you are doing this, to make them understand. Perhaps a flyer in their mailboxes? Or perhaps they're all nut cases...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep going Jenny. Just pay no mind to the idiots in the world. They are out there and we all get judged in the end.
    Hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont have advice but I just want you to know how wonderful I think you are Jenny. Your efforts are so kind and unselfish in this sometimes cruel and selfish world. I"m so happy to know there are such wonderful people like yourself who are willing to help our animal friends. Thank you. Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how nice! I wish I could adopt another kitty- we have only one in the house. It's really wonderful that there are people like you :-)
    Benedetta

    ReplyDelete