One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Sunday, January 25, 2009

~Still coming around~

I am reusing this image from earlier. I got up at 730 this morning and this cat was coming to eat. Our room mate, Shelby said that this cat has been coming up each morning...so, I guess he is a stray after all. I am going to start putting the trap out on my porch and see if I can get him. I may have to feed thru the trap for a few days, but hopefully it will work. I am concerned, though, that he could be fixed already. There is another woman, a few blocks away (in yet another alley) lol that has been trapping near her house. She usually has their ears clipped, so maybe she missed this one. I know he has been coming from over that way. I guess if he has been trapped before he probably won't fall for it again.

That is a big problem in this HOOD. People do not care for their pets properly and let them run around or just let them out and they never go back. I do not blame the kitties for that...I would run away from some owners too! Yikes.
I know, I am brutally honest...a flaw and a strength, depending on who's reading.

Anyway, It is really cold here now...no more 65 degrees (that was nice.) I hope it warms up though. God had answered my prayers so far about a mild winter. I am always worried about the kitties living outdoors. At least they have me and my food. I wish I could set up a sanctuary for them. Unfortunately, that is not possible.

4 comments:

  1. Hello this cat is beautiful and looks like it has been brushed, not to mention he looks like he eats well are you sure he is a stray ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny,
    I agree with you 100% and do not blame the kitties one bit. Some owners just do not care and should not have animals at all. Good luck with those kitties!
    Lottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful kitty. Do you ever talk to the woman down the street, maybe she knows something about this kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty kitty Jenny. I am sure you will do well. Patience is all that is required. I admire you for your strength and honesty.
    Hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete