One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Monday, December 22, 2008

~Getting Started~

I have started this blog for the purpose of setting up a non-profit organization to help our growing ferrel cat population.

I have been spending my own time and money for years feeding, capturing, spaying/nueturing and returning countless numbers of kitties in the areas I live.

This picture is one of a little black kitty that had come to my porch to feed. One day, she brought her first litter, much to my surprise. So, in order to help her and her babies survive, I have been walking down the alley (one block away) where the colony is living to give them fresh food and water (3times a day). The weather here has been really cold, so I am a bit worried about them.

I have decided to try to capture as many photos as I can. I have heard from neighbors there are A LOT more..I have counted 7 so far aging from 3 months, 6 months to bigger cats. I definately have my work cut out for me.

I am hoping to raise money by selling art and taking donations to purchase cages, pay for medical expenses and food. My goal is to catch, fix and release back to the same spot. Ferrel kitties will not be able to get homes, but if I can reduce the population, so there are fewer deaths, then that will make me feel good.

Thanks in advance for all the support of my friends and family~

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    Maybe you can use 1 or 2 traps instead of so many. Sometimes they go in together but not sure how the traps work though. I have been feeding a stray for about 3-4 years now and he is getting older. I don't know whether to take him to the pound or we have a no-kill shelter but it is extremely difficult to get them in there. I wish you well and pray you can save these adorable little cats. I would love to have more kittys but having two dogs and a cat already puts me at my financial limit. It stinks for sure. Blessings, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be right about the traps, but they probably wont allow more than one, because it is triggered by the kitty. Hopefully one is not in the entrance while it is triggered...he could get injured.

    I was debating on putting them all in a big dog carrier and spending time with them to try to get them to be ok with people. That is where I am struggle emotionally with.

    ReplyDelete