One Girl on a mission

One Girl on a mission
85 TNR/Rescues and counting....

Saturday, December 27, 2008

The count for cats continues


Not one, not two, but three baby kitties. Looks like 3 months old.

Another mama kitty


And looks like that mama has a young one too! Unfortunately, I have not seen any siblings for this young one..so they may have already been killed. The total number as today, is 3 adult cats (two black and one grey/white) and 4 kittens. I am getting a bit nervous now. I have to get enough cages at one time to capture all 3 of the little ones. They are too young to nueter/spay and well probably too ferrel to transform to house cats. Their mamma, I am going to have to capture soon as well, as she could very well be pregnant, again! I will be calling different organizations to get some advice on how to handle this colony of little ones.

3 comments:

  1. i remember when i was young and living in a unit with my newly divorced mum... We lived next door to a really old house that to my sister and i looked 'haunted' (so neglected was it) and in the long grass of it's huge back yard were what seemed like ~millions~ of wild cats and kittens... My sister and i used to feed them, i used to write poems about them and every now and again someone would complain and the RSPCA would come and trap them and take them away... i think what you are doing is ~wonderful~ ...Years ago a friend of mine who lived in the city, used to trap the wild city kitties, spay them, inoculate them, one by one and then find them a home... He built up a relationship with a local vet and got discounts... i always thought of him as the 'alley cat angel'... As are yOu Jenny *kissez* GoodLuck with your work, luv vicki xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny they are not too young to get fixed..the vets do them as young as 2 months...or earlier...this just breaks my heart to see these little ones...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies~

    Gina, that is great news to hear, then Ido not have to wait much longer to get them fixed. I am wondering if I should keep them in a big dog crate I have that will fit a cat carrier, litter box and room to move for a few months to save them from the wild...or if I should just fix them and release...since they are so little!

    ReplyDelete